Rust in reinforced concrete
How to cure rust without removing it
Property Repair Systems is OPEN FOR BUSINESS - 01626 872886
Where you can speak to real people
Rust in steel reinforcement bars - how to cure it
Rusty Rebar - how to stop rust permanently - commercial rust, industrial rust, marine rust.
1. Grind out the concrete to reveal all the rusty rebar faces.
2. Wire brush or needle gun the steel until only hard, stable rust remains.
3. Apply two or three coats of our Ultra Rust Cure Seal - click here to see prices and buy - Owatrol Seal Oil
4. Apply two coats of Ultra Rust Stop Primer - click here to see prices and buy - Owatrol Seal Primer
Clicking on a blue phrase takes you directly to the Shopping Page,
Rust Seal Oil - how does it work
1. Eliminates Oxygen - it soaks deeply into the rust layer and displaces the Oxygen - rust cannot continue without Oxygen
2. Eliminates water - it soaks deeply into the rust layer and displaces the Water - rust cannot continue without Water
3. Seals - Owatrol Seal Oil actually forms a smooth, hard sealed surface, ready for Priming
4. Remains flexible - Owatrol Seal Oil remains flexible, so will not crack, preventing water from re-entering the metal
Rust Treatment - example - commercial building rust
Travel Lodge - Maidstone - new build
The problem - a newly constructed Hotel already suffering from extensive rusting of external decorative steel ring features.
Scaffolding cost over £50,000 - hence the need for a rust treatment that works long term.
Closer to the rust problem - the virtually new grey paint is already missing from the edges and joints, probably due to poor preparation.
Real Rust - the rusting has pushed off the paint layers.
The challenge - to cure the rust without having to either remove all the steel or
curtain off the whole building and grit blast the steel.
Rust Treatment - the answer
Travel Lodge - Maidstone
1. Wire brush to remove all loose rust and paint.
2. Apply two or three coats of our Ultra Rust Cure Seal - Owatrol Oil - apply until surface looks glazed
3. Apply two coats of Ultra Rust Stop Primer - Owatrol Primer
4. Apply two coats of our Deco Finish Coat in grey - Owatrol Deco finish
Grey Bands are the treated and painted areas
Note the very exposed situation for decorative steel.
Speak directly to a real person about your Rust Cure needs: 01626 872886
Rust Treatment - why are we different
Rust Seal Oil is unlike other rust control methods because:
1. You only need to Wire Brush to remove all loose rust and paint - no need to grit blast or grind - Labour Saving
2. You apply two or three coats of our Ultra Rust Cure Seal - no nasty chemicals - Health and Safety
3. You can use your own Primer - just add Owatrol Oil - no waste of existing Stock Paints
Rust Treatment - applications
Rust Seal Oil is unlike other rust control method - it can be used for:
1. Steelwork in buildings - rusty RSJs, rusty Universal Beams, rusty Universal Columns, rusty Lintols, corroding Reinforcing Bars (rebar).
2. Steel in industry - rusty machines, rusted machinery support beams, rusty steel sheet, rusty steel bar, rusty pipework.
3. Steel and iron in boats and ships - rusty marine parts, rusty iron keels, rusty ships plate, rusty marine fittings.
Use any of our Shopping Pages to place goods in your Shopping Basket - they all use the same Shopping Cart system.
OUR SHOPPING PAGES
Property Repair Systems
T: 01626 872886
E: Mail us email@example.com
Site written by: David Moore
David Moore, B.A. (Hons.), C.T.I.S., C.R.D.S. Technical Author
Other Property Repair Systems Sites:
www.drywallandfloor.co.uk - membranes for lining damp walls, floors, basements and cellars
www.fire-door-paint.co.uk - upgrade doors to 30 minutes fire resistance
www.joist-repair.co.uk - how to quickly repair joists and beams of any size
www.propertyrepairsystems.co.uk - our Home Site
www.steel-fire-paint.co.uk - treat steel with Intumescent Paint to provide fire protection
www.timber.org.uk - systems of repair, with step by step methods
www.timber-repair.co.uk - how to repair timber beams